Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tears of Sadness and Joy



This past week has been filled with several different kinds of tears. But it was centralized around my love for my Grandpa Matthews. His health had been getting worse and worse these past few weeks. He had been having a series of "micro-strokes" that were taking a toll on his brain. He began to struggle standing up and sitting down. He seemed to be living in the past a lot of the time. I was fortunate enough to get to see him for a few hours last week. Lydia loved him! He would wave at her and she would smile so big and giggle at him. She loved her great grandpa!

Yesterday, Grandpa passed away. It was a shock to all of us regardless of how he's been doing. We all thought he had another year left in him. However, I feel so blessed that I got to see him before he moved on. He was such an amazing man. He always gave me so much love and support through everything I did. When I was in my lowest low, he was there for me and often called to see how I was doing. He shared in my joys with me. He was always a great example of faith, patience, love, dedication and strength. I know that he has lived his life worthy to gain Eternal Life. We will all be together again. I am so grateful for the example he has set and count myself lucky to have been his granddaughter. So, Grandpa, we'll miss you for now. But we'll see you again someday. We love you!

3 comments:

Ciera & Josh Dickinson said...

I'm so sorry to hear the your grandpa passed away--I was shocked to see it. I am so glad that you got to spend time with him before he returned to Heavenly Father. He sounded like the best grandpa. We love you guys and I hope that you're doing ok. I am so thankful we get to see our loved ones again someday! Life would be pointless without that knowledge. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Stormie said...

Shoot I'm sorry that happened. Hope you're feeling ok!

Cassidy said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. This was a great post.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers