Sunday, August 15, 2010

Birthday? Whose birthday?!

I have been wanting a deep freezer for a while now. It always seems that I go to the store and look at all the wonderful freezer options, but then revert my mind to how full my freezer is. So, I told David that I wanted a deep freezer for my birthday.
Then, finally, the highly anticipated day came! We went to Sam's Club to get my deep freezer last night! Hooray! It was quite the challenge getting it into the car since we also had Lydia with us. We were debating returning it and making another trip out there this week without Lydia. We also thought about taking it out of all the packaging and just taking the freezer without any cushioning. However, in the end we put down both of the back seats, put Lydia's carseat on top of the folded seats and stretching the seatbelt around them till we were able to buckle it. It was quite the challenge! But, by doing this we were able to squeeze the freezer into the car and close the back. Though, the back window still was unable to close. Oh well. We made it!
However, I'm not quite sure who is more excited about this new addition! As soon as I opened it, Lydia squirmed in my arms and wanted to play in the freezer. So, I guess she has a new play scape until I finally plug it in!



And now I pose my question, whose birthday is it? I think Lydia likes my birthday present more than me and is gonna fight me for it! What do you think?

3 comments:

HippoMom said...

LOL! I got the same thing for my last birthday, too! Except I didn't have a baby at the time to compete for it... :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Cassidy said...

Yay!!! I love deep freezers. One of the best buys ever!! Now it's time to stock it up!
Oh. . . and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh, the things I would freeze....

Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers