Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Happy Birthday Lydia!

Please see below to read about how AMAZING our little 4 year old is! But this is a quick blurb on how we celebrated our big girl!

As a fun surprise, the Wests came out for Lydia's birthday! Lydia was beyond words when Miyah showed up at our house! It was so great getting to celebrate Lydia's special day with such special friends!

After some fun hangout time at the house and dinner, we took the girls to the mall to get a little bit more energy out!


This was Hannah and Misty's favorite thing to do! They made countless circles on the bench!


Unfortunately Lydia closed her eyes. But they are so cute together!

I made a simple cookie for Lydia's actual birthday (or the night before since the Wests were there and I had Faith in God on her birthday).

The girls woke up to lots of fun balloons!

After a yummy breakfast (Lydia requested pancakes), we all went to Powerhouse Gym for the kids to bounce around :).

Hannah LOVED all of the trampolines!

Lydia showed off some somersaults.


Hiding in the foam pit!
 
We had so much fun celebrating Lydia's actual birthday with our friends!
 
 
The next special day for Lydia was her birthday party! Originally she wanted a Dora party. So, I threw out some other ideas that I would be more excited about doing and she very eagerly agreed to a "Horsie Party". I had a ton of fun planning it!
 
Next month I am doing my sister's wedding cake. So, in preparation for my crazy adventure, I used Lydia's cake as somewhat of a test run. I tested out the recipe I plan to use, as well as doing a 2 tiered cake for the first time. I love how it turned out! I borrowed the horses from a friend. They add the perfect finishing touches!


As the kids arrived for the party, they were each given a "pony tail" to wear and could either decorate a stick horse or go play in the bouncy house. I didn't get any pictures of the kids decorating their horses. Shame on me! I was too busy trying to keep them from putting too high of a mountain of glitter glue on them lest they never dry!

We borrowed the bouncy house from some friends. It was the perfect addition to keep the kids entertained! Can you believe that the day before it was only 25-30 degrees outside and everything was iced?! We didn't even need jackets for the party! Somebody was looking out for us!

Here is Lydia with her stick horse. Just a yard stick, a paper horse head stuffed with grocery bags and yarn. She tied her "pony tail" to the end of the horse. Appropriate :). I had planned on them having races with all of their horses. However, I hadn't thought about the fact that I was first having them decorate them with glitter glue and they were all wet. So, we weren't able to do that. But the kids were all excited to take them home as a fun party favor :).

The kids played a couple of games with apples, since horses love those sweet fruits so much!
The first was passing the apples down the line using only their necks. The kids thought this was hilarious!

And it resulted in some cute pictures :).

Next they raced with the apples between their knees. This was, surprisingly, a little bit more challenging for them!


But Grandma demonstrated it beautifully! (I failed to mention, the morning before the party Grandma and Uncle Neil drove out to celebrate with us! We were so excited to have them come party with us! And I was extra grateful to have the extra helping hands!!! Thanks for coming!)

The kids also enjoyed eating their sweet fruits as they bounced and played a little bit more.


Then we all went inside to "Swat the Fly" (or pop the balloons tied to eachother's ankles). The kids had a harder time understanding the purpose of this and, because they are still so light, took a very long time to pop eachother's balloons.

Lydia and Carmen spent a LONG time just sitting and bouncing on each other's balloons. It was a sort of stand off. Carmen won in the end :).

We sang Happy Birthday! And enjoyed cake and ice cream.

And then it was time for presents! The kids started off more spread out like this.

By the end they were all cramming me into the corner in their plight to see all the exciting new toys!
 
Overall, it was a very successful birthday party and fun was had by all! I hope for many more birthday parties in February where the weather is beautiful and we can spread outside! Thank you to everyone who helped me out and helped to make Lydia's day so special!






1 comment:

Chandra Hedman said...

You are so creative! Cute party. And Happy Birthday Lydia!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers