Friday, February 14, 2014

Lydia's First Dance Recital

I just looked back at my previous posts and realized that this one was never published! Yikes! Well, better late than never! This is from the beginning of December :)

Lydia LOVES to dance and sing! I have tried to get her into some sports, but she just doesn't get very interested. And she doesn't seem to have any natural talent. But if you give her any given topic or word, she will make up a song for you. She will sing it beautifully and very animated! It's one of my favorite things to watch her do! Fortunately, there is a gal in the other ward that teaches dance out of her home for a VERY reasonable price. Like, I can actually afford it and cannot rationally refuse it! It is the highlight of Lydia's week! The down-side of it being in someone's home is that there is not space for me to sit and watch Lydia practice each week. I had to rely on her "showing" me what she was learning. Sometimes she came home with some pretty entertaining moves. But other weeks all she would do was twirl. It left me wondering what they were doing each time.

Well, lastnight Lydia had her first dance recital and I got to FINALLY see what she has been doing all this time. It was so cute! She has truly been working very hard and is learning a lot! It was so fun watching her perform with her friends. And she was in Heaven the whole time!




Playing with her friend, Carmen, afterwards.
 
 

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers