Monday, February 1, 2010

Just Keep Swimming!

This post's existence should answer anyone's questions as to whether or not I have had the baby yet. But, in case you haven't figured it out, I am still pregnant. However, I feel more miserable than ever. I feel so bad for David who has had to deal with all my emotional crying spells and short-temperedness. I just am so sick of everything! The comments when I see anyone of "you're still here?" or "when's that baby going to come?" Well, don't I wish I knew that one! Then everyone's "advice" they have to go home and vacuum or go walking. Well, maybe something's just wrong with me, but none of it seems to be working! My body seems to get more uncomfortable by the day, yet no signs of contractions. People act like something's wrong with me when they find out I have not dilated and I don't know how big my baby is. I'm even tired of random strangers asking me how far along I am and giving crazy looks of surprise when they find out I'm ready to pop! Then, on top of it all, I'm scared I'm just going to be the point of such bitterness and crankiness from all the pregnancy that when I finally do have the baby I'm going to look at her and want to send her back! I wonder if I really am cut out for this whole mom thing! I hope some people who are reading this understand the feelings I am having and will tell me that it's perfectly normal. I'm pretty sure they will.
So, let's focus on a few positive notes!

#1- The doctor has scheduled me to be induced next Monday, February 8th if I do not go into labor myself before then.

#2- I was able to make a new cover for the swing someone so kindly gave us! The other one was very boyish. So, after reading someone's instructions for recovering a highchair, I decided to attempt this project myself. It wasn't too difficult and took me a total of about 3 hours.


#3- I was able to go to our Stake Women's Conference Saturday night where Randal Wright spoke. He was the institute director in Austin when I was probably about 18-20 years old and has now written several books and speaks at various conferences worldwide. It was good to see a familiar face and he gave some really great advice on parenting that I took note of.

#4- If I don't have the baby tomorrow, then tomorrow night is the Premier for "Lost"! Yay! We're gonna get together with some friends and have a party!

There have been good things happening that I need to give credit to. And I really appreciate all the support that people have been giving me! Especially my mom, Lindsay, David and my friends here. And I know you all understand when I say that I wish it was all over with! But, Lydia! Your eviction notice is almost up and Grandma Anderson is almost done with your blanket! It's time, my dear!

7 comments:

Veals said...

Hi Kimberly! So sorry things are rough right now. But dont worry it will all come to a end soon. You wont even remember how uncomfortable you are once you have your baby girl in your arms! All you will say is it was so worth it!!! Take Care!

Stephanie said...

Oh Kimberly! I feel for you. It's so hard when you get to the point you are at! And you have every right to feel the way you do. I hated when people would ask questions like "when are you due" or "have the baby already". Seriously, walking and all the other stuff they tell you to do did not work for me at all! It's all about the baby and when she's ready to come. And don't worry, I was only dialated to a ONE when I went into labor with brampton. so just b/c your aren't dialated doesn't mean it can't happen tonight. Not sure if that helps. But hang in there :) We're thinking about you.

Lindsay said...

I don't know if this will make the discomfort of waiting for D-day any more pleasant, but keep in mind that until you recover from the delivery and have settled into somewhat of a routine, your days with a newborn can be just as challenging as the final days of pregnancy. You won't want to "send her back," and you will of course be so glad to be able to actually hold her on the outside, and that can make the difficulties easier to handle. But you won't magically go from feeling miserable to feeling 100%.

And yay for an induction date if things don't happen on their own! That light at the end of the tunnel just got a lot brighter, didn't it? :) And no, there is nothing strange about going past your due date. It happens all the time, especially with a first pregnancy.

Also, that swing cover? Looks awesome! I love the fabric!

Joyce said...

I ditto everything that's been said. And, remember I had 5 and had to be induced for all 5! (And you are my daughter and I don't think anything's wrong with either of us!) Lydia will be beautiful and you will love her. It just takes times.
And...I am so impressed with the skills you're developing -- a blessing dress and now a swing cover! You are awesome!

Stormie said...

Yeah! I found your blog. First I had to figure out how to spell odyssey correctly. :) It was fun to hang out with you today. And wow, that cover looks great. You whipped that up fast!

Jolene said...

You are totally normal! I know exactly how you feel. I was a week late & still no dilation at that appointment, then Tanner decided to come that night! It will happen don't worry! I was miserable as well. I also felt like I wouldn't want to hold my baby. I didn't mind being in labor all day because I was actually nervous to meet the little guy. Boy was I silly. You will instantly fall in love!!!

Julie said...

Amen to your blog! You've captured the essence of late-pregnancy. I love the swing cover; you're so awesome! And you're going to be a great Mom!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers